What can you do?
With small gestures and the right habits, you too can contribute to improving the environment and the climate. Telefónica tries to help you through initiatives, advice…
Save paper by using e-billing
At Telefónica, we think e-billing is a good way of combining our commitments to clarity of information and to the environment. You can now use it in all the countries in which we operate.
Be “green” with your mobile
- When you are buying a mobile, compare the energy consumption of the different models and choose the most efficient.
- Also check that the packaging is not excessive and is made from recyclable material.
- Try to use an energy-efficient mobile charger.
- Take advantage of your mobile’s options to carry out transactions and thus avoid journeys.
- Calculate the carbon footprint you generate using the mobile, so you can control your consumption.
Recycle your old handset
Our customers can deposit the mobile phones and accessories they no longer use in recycling points.
More gestures in favour of the climate
- Switch off your computer at work when you’re not going to use it.
- Switch off the lights when you are not in the room or office, even for short periods of time.
- Do not leave doors or windows open, especially when the heating and air conditioning systems are functioning.
- Programme the air conditioning and heating thermostats to the recommended temperatures (23º to 25º C in the summer and 20º-22º C in winter).
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs; you will consume 75% less energy.
- Adequately manage the energy consumption of equipment.
- Adjust the brightness of the monitor screen to medium level.
- Use dark desktop backgrounds after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Switch off the monitor when it will be unused for 10 minutes or so and the computer when you don’t need it for more than one hour.
- Make sure that new equipment incorporates energy saving options.
- Remember that a laptop consumes 50% less than a desktop and a flat screen around 50-70% less than a conventional one.
- Use the washing machine and the dishwasher when they are completely full.
- Use recycled paper and print on both sides. Using paper leads to the felling of trees.
- Walk or use public transport.
- Use the stairs. You will save energy and improve your health.
- Make other people aware of the importance of taking actions aimed at reducing the impact of global warming.